The immunity level of the body becomes low during monsoon. There are several infections taking place in the body which lead to number of diseases related to different systems. There can be stomach problems like indigestion, dysentery and typhoid or there can be respiratory problems like common cold, cough and asthma and also skin problems like eczema, rashes, prickly heat boils and pimples.
The season tends to infect the air, atmosphere, surroundings food and drinks that are the basic necessities for a person to live. Skin and hair also cannot be left behind from the harsh treatment of the moist humid rainy weather.
Here are a few more skin tips that will effectively help you to get a naturally toned and cleansed skin during the rainy or monsoon season. Let your umbrellas be out with your easy breathy outfits and flip flops to cherish the lovely season in full swing.
It is important to indulge in cleansing of your skin by using a mild face wash to remove the impurities from the surface of your skin. To avoid any infection, try to use a mild face wash or resort to homemade face packs, soapy content can prove to be futile during monsoon especially for sensitive skin.
Exposure to humidity and rains can lead to clogging of the skin pores. They need to be hydrated and breathe freely to avoid any free radicals enter the space and penetrate deep inside the epidermis. Ensure using a good quality toner by soaking a cotton ball and applying it generously all over your face and neck at least twice a week.
This is perhaps an eternal secret to a glowing hydrated and fuller supple skin all throughout the year. You must be drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day to keep the skin problems away. Water adds an element of hydration and boost your skin’s essential oils, flushes toxins away and leaves your skin feeling fresh and amazing as ever.
You must use a high-quality scrub for exfoliating a skin once a week. Over exfoliation will remove the essential oils naturally produced leaving your skin rough and lifeless over a course of time.
Say no to makeup
Makeup must be the last thing you should consider wearing during the rainy season. We believe that every woman is beautiful in her own special and unique ways, so dab that lip gloss and wear light minimal powder to avoid any infection. Rains are the best time for bacteria and microbes to get in full action and lead to several serious skin problems.
Check the ingredients
Before shopping for your skincare products, you must closely read and proof-read the ingredients of the products to ensure a safe and healthy skin routine during monsoon season. Look for products rich in tea tree aloe vera, honey, lemon extract or neem for they help in keeping your skin clear and flawless. Avoid breakouts; infuse your skin with antibacterial, antioxidant, antiseptic and antimicrobial properties to avoid any infections.
Wear your sunscreen
So what that the sun isn’t shining on your face, t’s important to wear your sunscreen. Beat the misconception that sun screen is beneficial only in summers. Get your SPF 30 and wear it the entire day.
Home-made face packs
Indulge in the gorgeous beauty of homemade natural face packs for an ultimate glowing and healthy-looking skin. Use ingredients like honey, lemon juice, yogurt and papaya and use the concoction on your skin for an ever-glorious moisturized skin. Fuller’s earth is also a wonderful natural remedy to use during monsoon with a pinch of rose water mixed it for added benefit.
Use SLS free shampoo
Your hair is badly affected because of the chemical ridden unexpected rains every now and then. You must wash your hair every time you drench in rain to avoid any infection or bacteria to breed on the scalp. Add to that, use a SLS -free shampoo which will avoid making your hair loo frizzy and its mild nature will not affect the ph balance of your hair.
Rainy season skin care
After bearing that extreme heat of the sun, those sunburns, tans, sweaty (and stinky) summer days, monsoon comes as a sign of relief. But what about the tons of infections, that gets along with it, given to the damp and humid weather? Well it’s unavoidable. Every season comes with some good news and some bad news, but it’s up to us to embrace it and make the best use of it. Today in this post we shall discuss about some of the best skin care tips for this rainy season.
It’s been proven over the years that little changes in the way you take care of your skin could have a positive effect on you during this monsoon season. Read further to know better of various skin types:
Dry skin type
Undoubtedly dryness is a result of lack of vitamins that helps in repairing dry and damaged skin. It also means that the skin isn’t properly hydrated as a result of which it looks and feel dry. And to top it all the condition becomes worse during the monsoon. Now how do you combat this condition of your skin? Well it’s very easy, just follow these simple tips:
- Drink as much water as you can. Water consumption hydrates your body and flushes out all the unwanted toxins.
- Use cleansers that are clean based.
- Moisturize your skin frequently. This will help in increasing the keep the outer layer of your skin properly hydrated, thereby leaving it with a soft, supple and moist look.
- You may also use rose water and glycerine to keep your skin healthy.
- Keep away from alcohol based toners.
Oily skin type
The main reason behind having oily skin is hormonal changes that are genetically determined. There is nothing much one can do to change skin condition permanently. However, little changes in the way you take care of your skin will bring about a slow and gradual change in the way it feels and looks. Follow these easy tips to keep your skin in good condition:
- Wash your face almost 3-4 times a day to get rid of the excess oil from your face.
- Use facial scrubs regularly as it will help in unclogging your pores and also exfoliate your skin by removing the dead cell layers from it. Try using natural scrubs instead of chemical based ones.
- Stay away from using heavy cleansing products.
- Use home remedies such as pack made of chick-pea flour and milk, lemon and honey etc. that rejuvenates your skin and leaves it looking fresh and glowing.
- Use hot water to wash your face instead of cold or lukewarm water. Helps in dissolving the oil on the skin better, thereby leaving it supple and soft.
Combination skin type
As it is a combination of oily and dry skin, such skin types should be taken extra care. The dry part of it should be cleansed and moisturized regularly and the oily part of it should be cleaned, scrubbed and toned to match the dry skin type.
Be it any skin type there are few tips that needs to be followed religiously to keep it in a healthy condition, these include:
- Drink loads of water. It’s the best and the cheapest way to attain good, healthy and flawless skin, irrespective of the season. Try to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day and you would definitely notice a drastic change within 2-3 months.
- Wash your face a 2-3 times daily with an anti-bacterial face wash.
- Just dab dry the face and don’t rub it with a towel. This will make the skin look rough and dry.
- Moisturize the skin regularly.
- Scrub your face twice a week.
- Use face packs depending on your skin condition.
- As far as possible use natural home remedies instead of chemical based products.
Beauty skin care
- Keep the skin moist by using soap free cleansers and scrubs
- Toning needs to be done with an alcohol free toner to prevent dryness of the skin.
- Sunscreen lotion must be used even if the sun is not visible.
- Facials and bleaching make the skin rough during rains, hence should be avoided or at least limited.
- Water-proof light make up will be a better choice in rains than heavy cream based make ups.
- Prevent the lips from cracking by using milk cream regularly and avoiding dark colour lipsticks.
- The skin of the whole body must be kept clean with the help of manicure, pedicure and waxing.
- Use warm water instead of cold water to clean the face after coming home from outside.
Hair care tips
- Monsoon is the time of humidity which creates itchiness on the scalp. It is recommended that warm coconut oil massage will help to get rid of itchiness. Massage with neem oil for dandruff.
- Prevent the hair from getting drenched in rain, but if it does happen it is best to shampoo the hair as soon as possible and then dry them.
- Monsoon season demands a conditioner after a mild gentle shampoo.
- No hair colouring during the rainy season.
- Natural herbal products are better than heavy chemical shampoos in rains as they help to maintain the shine and natural look of the hair.
- Try the hairstyles that are more natural in look than elaborate ones.
- Avoid blow driers and try to dry hair with a towel to retain the moisture.
Health care tips
Monsoon showers are God sent relief from the scorching heat of the summers. Most of us tend to forget that along with relief rain pollutes the air, food and surroundings which are dangerous to the health of a person. It can cause water borne diseases like jaundice, diarrhoea, dysentery and cholera. People with weak immunity system, children and elderly people are prone to diseases of the lungs, rheumatism and arthritis and other infectious diseases.
Special and extra care is required for the body during the monsoons. There is more water borne diseases during monsoon. Water gets contaminated with the seepage of chemicals and garbage. Monsoon develops breeding grounds for bacteria. Foods, vegetables and fruits sold in the open places are all polluted with germs.
Some ladies regularly apply bleach over their face to get a glow. But, skin care tips for monsoon include avoiding of bleaching. You may use bleach in any other season but monsoon is the season when bleaches should be strictly avoided. This can even make your face rough.
Coconut oil for lips
Your lips are also a part of your skin which should be nourished and cared on a regular basis. Monsoon is the season when your lips become chapped and dry. The natural way of skin care is applying coconut oil at night before going to sleep. This is one among effective monsoon skin acre tips.
Oatmeal scrub for oily skin
If your skin is oily, the best way to remove excessive oil during monsoon is through the oatmeal scrub. This is also a skin care tip for all those with limitless oil secretion during monsoon. You have to add little honey to the oatmeal and apply over your face. Rub it to use as a scrubber and then wash away.
Almond and honey for dry skin
The skin care tip for dry skin during monsoon includes a combination of almond and honey. You have to grind almond and make very small grains and then apply honey to mix it proportionately. Apply it on your face and rub with finger tips. The dead skin so formed will be easily removed with this skin care treatment.